AFS Explorer is a tool used to apply edited .bin files over the core .bin files found in the .img files.
It is priarily used to import large numbers of .bins and you will commonly be asked to use it to apply big patches
1. Open up AFS Explorer and go to –>file –> Import AFS file
2. Now go to C:/ProgramFiles/KONAMI/Pes2008/img and select the file you want to open (eg cv_0.img)
3. Now AFS Explorer will open up the .img file with the .bin file contents visible.
Sometimes AFS Explorer may display the above error messages after trying to open one of the .img files.
This usually happens if you have previously edited the file using GGS (a tool mentioned below).
Open it anyway it is fine (the file is not corrupt as it says).
1. Click No
2. Click No
3. Click Ok
4. Click Yes
5. Click Ok
Guides for using GGS and AFS…
1. With .img file open in AFS Explorer click –>Action –>Import Folder
2. Select the folder which contains the .bin files you wish to import
3. You will most likely see this message asking to rebuild. Click Yes
4. Click Ok
5. Choose a new temporary name for the file eg ‘cv_0new.img‘
6. Wait for it to rebuild
7. Click Ok
8. Importing files box appears, and the files will be added
9. Click No. Now close AFS Explorer
10. Go to you C:/ProgramFiles/KONAMI/pes2008/img folder and move your original .img somewhere safe or rename it (eg cv_0backup.img).
Now rename your new .img file to the the default (eg cv_0new.img to cv_0.img)
It’s most common use is to apply graphic images, such as kits, boots, faces and balls directly into the .bin files.
If you see a kit .png its almost definite you’ll have to insert it using GGS, unless someone else has already inserted into a .bin file.
2. Select the file you wish to open.
3. It will ask you if you wish to use ‘artificial subfolders‘ if you are opening a big .img file containing many .bins. Click Ok to make it easier to navigate through the .bins
4. The file will now load with the progress in the right hand corner (note on my pc it takes much longer to load if the window is maximised)
5. To open a specific .bin file scroll through the list on the left hand column. When you click on a .bin its graphic contents will be shown along the bottom.
You have errors, file too big ?
Open GGS, file, and choose bin to import.
1. file – misc_50.bin, right click, properties , 92.0 KB (94,208 bytes),
2. choose file in GGS, right click and choose modify reserved space, modify file nr 50, reserve and click untill you rich 94208 up there in the right site… make a new afs, open it and import the file wanted, no more errors…
NOTE: screenshot is not using the numbers I talk in tutorial, is just a sample.
This is a tutorial used with files from PES 2008… for files from PES 2010 would be the same thing, only in different img… Enjoy.